Sunday, March 14, 2010

What is the difference between a manicure and a polish change?

Last time i got my nails done i had them done at a new salon b/c i was in a crunch for time it was on the way and the manicure i had gotten just 3 days before was already chipping


well i went in and explained my situation and the lady said


oh so all you really need is a polish change we can do that in 15 mins


so i paid and tipped ahead of time so i wouldn't ruin my polish trying to dig my wallet out afterward





i'm just curious what the difference between a manicure and a polish change is





they still pushed my cuticles back and did the polish change with base and top coats and the only difference i noticed was that they didn't actually massage my hands


plus the whole thing only cost me $10 instead of the $20 it usually costs me!





also do they usually push your cuticles back and stuff during polish changes


were they just being nice and doing that for me since i tipped them pretty generously

What is the difference between a manicure and a polish change?
They advise you to do that because your previous manicure was still good. Since you are a new customer , you are kinda like a walking advertisement for the salon. They are also appreciative that you paid in advance and gave a tip. Most manicurists are paid very little unless they are nail technicians. The tips really helps them as they spend 10-12 hrs on a stool doing what they do best.
Reply:Well I thought a polish change was them changing your polish for you,and a manicure was clipping hang nails and stuff like that. You bring up a good point though because that's happened to me,I just never thought about it.



viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment